Are you ready for some spooky science? These projects and experiments are just right for Halloween. Make your holiday educational as well as fun!
Mad Scientist Party - Are you throwing a Halloween bash? Why not give it a mad science theme?
- Make Spooky Fog - Fog is a great spooky effect. Find it naturally while trick-or-treating or make your own for a party.
- Creepy Halloween Jack-o-Lantern - Creepy tendrils of fog flow from the carvings of this jack-o-lantern.
- Green Fire Halloween Jack-o-Lantern - This Halloween jack-o-lantern is filled with green fire.
- Glowing Pumpkin - A glowing pumpkin is a little more ghastly and creepy than your typical orange pumpkin. This is an easy project that yields a great result.
- Glowing Hand of Doom Punch - A glowing hand rises from the fog of this bubbling punch. It's the perfect party drink!
- Glowing Slime - Make glowing slime for a haunted house, a Halloween party, or just because glowing slime is cool.
- Water into Blood Demonstration - Learn about pH indicators or just use this as a cool trick.
- Laundry Detergent Glowing Skull - Make a glowing skull decoration using laundry detergent.
- Homemade Face Paint - Make your own non-toxic Halloween face paint. The base paint is white, though you can customize it to be any color you like.
- Make Fake Blood… or fake snot, vomit, wounds, or glass.
- Fake Blue or Green Blood - Blood isn't always red. Spiders, for example, have blue blood. If your Halloween adventure includes blood from another species, you might like this edible blue or green fake blood.
- Glowing Ink can be used to write eerie glowing messages.
- Make Colored Fire - Fire is fun, but colored fire can be spooky. Try adding a bit of color to your jack-o-lantern flame.
- Make a Fizzy Potion - Halloween drinks can bubble and fizz like something a mad scientist might drink.
- Dry Ice Crystal Ball - All you need is dry ice and bubble solution to create an eerie, long-lasting bubble that resembles a cloudy crystal ball.
- Halloween Reaction - This clock reaction makes a spectacular Halloween demonstration since the colors change from orange to black. This demo is for the chemistry lab rather than home.
- Smoke Bomb Jack-o-Lantern - Lighting a homemade smoke bomb inside of a jack-o-lantern is a lot of fun, plus it produces a ton of smoke.
- Glowing Ice Crystal Ball - This glowing crystal ball is the perfect addition to any Halloween punchbowl, especially if you add a little dry ice, too.